Senior Data ScientistWorkplace: Kraków, Lublin, Remote
Codete is not just a software company, it’s a place where tech-enthusiasts can grow by doing what they love and feel valued for what they are. We’re experienced, agile and versatile: we work with a wide range of technologies in projects from many different industries, and the majority of our team are senior-level specialists. At Codete, there’s always something new to learn!
Together with our client, we're looking for Senior Data Scientist. You will be working in Europe’s biggest online shop for furniture and living space accessories, currently active in 8 countries in Europe. Our dynamic and international team works with passion and enthusiasm on a big common goal: to revolutionize the Home & Living market. This is a complex market with unique challenges along the global value chain, which we are solving with scalable, technology-driven solutions and vast amounts of data. For this project, we work in cross-functional agile teams for an e-commerce platform for furniture in Germany speaking countries. We’re a small enough team to know each other well, and large enough to really make an impact.
Location: Kraków, Lublin, Remote
B2B: 20 000 - 24 000 PLN NET
CoE: 16 500 - 20 000 PLN GROSS
- Driving data science projects to optimize and automate our Commercial steering covering topics such as Forecasting, Assortment, Pricing, etc.
- Providing guidance to the team on methodical decisions and acting as a mentor for their individual development
- Acting as a thought leader and proactively coming up with proposals for improved analytics and automation in various business areas
- Using state-of-the-art classification and time series models to address complex problems such as demand forecasting or assortment decisions
- Designing and evaluating theoretical models and assess them in terms of meeting their business objectives
- Integrating machine learning models into production systems in collaboration with our data engineers
- Ph.D. or MSc degree in a quantitative field such as Mathematics, Physics, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science or a related area
- Comprehensive experience with integrating data science methods into business processes and a good judgment of which model to use and when
- Practical experience in training and integrating machine learning models such as logistic regression, random forests, support vector machines, neural networks
- Analytical skills that put you at the top of the class
- Experience with and solid knowledge of cloud technologies, preferably AWS
- First experience of software engineering techniques including version control, continuous integration, unit testing
- High proficiency in at least one analytical programming language (preferably Python)
- Ability to tell a story about data, to explore and reveal patterns, and to communicate to stakeholders about your discoveries and hypotheses
- Strong communication skills
- Very good English (at least B2)
- First experience in successfully managing teams
At Codete, we value the skills and passion people bring to our projects.
On top of the competitive salary, we offer additional benefits:
fair and supportive community
integration and team-building events
flexible working hours
possibility to work remotely
international business trips
individual career approach
technical and soft skills trainings
switching between projects and technologies
participation in external conferences
Codete meetups and online events
open source and R&D department initiatives
well-stocked internal library
support for your ideas
private healthcare package
sports and recreation events
fresh fruits and juicer
We make an effort to assess your skills best and match them to a project which meets your expectations.
The Codete Evaluation Report™ is individually tailored for every candidate. It identifies strong points and possible deficiencies to work on with recommendations. CER is an extensive document, which will be sent by mail.